Please see attached and/or below.
RECRUITMENT OF FULL MEMBER CLUB TO HAMRO FOUNDATION ESSEX LEAGUE
The Hamro Foundation Essex League (HFEL) Executive Committee has recently been informed that Ardeligh Green and Havering-Atte-Bower CC has applied to join the T Rippon Mid Essex League (TRMEL) for the 2024 season.
Assuming they are elected to the TRMEL at their AGM in mid-November 2023, there will be a vacancy in the current HFEL structure for the 2024 season in 1st XI Division Four and 2nd XI Division Three.
The HFEL are therefore requesting formal applications to join the HFEL for the 2024 season.
The minimum requirements of this new Full Member club are set out below:-
The club should be able to enter a minimum of 2 Senior Saturday XIs into the HFEL to play in 1st XI Division four and 2nd XI Division Three. They may enter further teams if they wish in the HFEL 3rd and 4th XI merit structure or they may wish to keep any lower teams they may have in their current league structure.
The club should have its Clubmark status.
The club should fulfill all the Mandatory Criteria listed below. As well as some of the Recommended Criteria.
Mandatory criteria – Clubs should not apply to join HFEL unless they meet ALL of the below criteria
1. The club must have a ground considered in good order and suitable for cricket purposes to be within the County of Essex or the London Boroughs of Havering, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Newham or Barking & Dagenham.
2. The club must be a current member of an existing Saturday Essex league and have completed a full season with a minimum of two teams in the season prior to application.
3. The club must have a valid ECB Clubmark accreditation by the end of October prior to the year they are submitting an application to join the league.
4. The club has an active junior section.
Following guidance from ECB, the league will need clubs to have the following in place:-
• A robust development plan
• All safeguarding elements in place and up to date, this includes:
• A fully trained Welfare Officer
• A Clubmark compliant constitution
• All relevant DBS checks for appropriate persons in place
• Confirmation that coaches have safeguarding certificates in place
The league will work with the Development Managers of Essex Cricket in The Community (ECiC), and accept their recommendations regarding the above.
Recommended criteria – Clubs may still apply if they do not meet these criteria.
1. The club has more than 2 Saturday league teams.
2. The club has security of tenure for their main 1st XI ground for a period of > 5 years
3. The club had regular U11, U13 and U15 boys fixtures.
4. The club had an active Women and Girls section.
5. The club has a clubhouse, bar and showers near to the main 1st XI ground
Any clubs interested in applying should email the HFEL Chairman, Thomas Clarke by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming their application and that they meet the minimum criteria. They should also attach a club prospectus which should detail the following minimum information:-
Address of the club’s 1st XI ground.
League positions of all the club’s Saturday league teams for the past 3 years.
Confirmation of how many teams the club intends to enter into the HFEL if successful and where any other teams will play.
List of all club officers and committee members.
Current financial position including the last 3 years approved accounts.
Details of the security of tenure of the club’s 1st XI ground.
Details of any disciplinary issues, both internal and league, for the last 3 years.
The club’s development plan and specifically concentrating on junior cricket.
Details of the number of junior members and the number of organised fixtures played at each age group in the last 3 years.
Details of any All Stars, Dynamos, Womens and Girls cricket.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29th October 2023.
Once a list of applicants has been finalised, a Sub-Committee of the HFEL Executive Committee will review all applications and propose one applicant for membership to the HFEL AGM on Sunday 26th November 2023. This may include a site visit and a request to meet the club’s committee.
This assumes Ardeligh Green and Havering-Atte-Bower CC are elected to the TRMEL. If they are not elected the status quo in the HFEL will apply and there will be no vacancy.
Thomas Clarke (Chairman) On behalf of the HFEL Executive Committee
Email - email@example.com Phone - 07763607076