APPLICATION DETAILS FOR 1st XI TEAMS TO JOIN THE ESSEX LEAGUE 1ST XI DIVISION THREE FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Following the application process in 2019 four associate member clubs were brought into the league for the 2020 season – these clubs were Barking, Newham, Rainham and Springfield.
The league will once again be looking for new associate members for the 2021 season and clubs are now able to apply.
The SNEL Executive Committee have agreed on a set of mandatory criteria that clubs must meet for them to apply to join the SNEL 1st XI Div Three. It should be made clear that if a club meets the mandatory criteria this is no guarantee of entry to the SNEL 1st XI Division Three.
The committee have also agreed on a set of recommended criteria that clubs do not necessarily need to meet although they will be looked upon preferentially during the selection process. The criteria are listed below:-
Mandatory criteria – Clubs should not apply to join SNEL unless they meet ALL of the below criteria
1. The club must have a ground considered in good order and suitable for cricket purposes to be within the County of Essex or the London Boroughs of Havering, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Newham or Barking & Dagenham.
2. The club must be a current member of an existing Saturday Essex league and have completed a full 2019 season with a minimum of two teams and show evidence of playing a number of friendly or rearranged league fixtures for both XIs during the 2020 season.
3. The club must have a valid ECB Clubmark accreditation by 31st October 2020.*
4. The club had an active junior section in 2019 and 2020.
* One of the criteria to join SNEL is that the clubs must be Clubmark accredited, however if a club is not accredited, but working towards it currently, then the league will take this into consideration due to the ECB deciding that there will not be any club accreditations in 2020. Following guidance from ECB, the league will need clubs to have the following in place:-
a) A robust development plan
b) All safeguarding elements in place and up to date, this includes:
• A fully trained Welfare Officer
• A Clubmark compliant constitution
• All relevant DBS checks for appropriate persons in place
• Confirmation that coaches have safeguarding certificates in place
The league will work with the Development Managers of Essex Cricket in The Community (ECiC), and accept their recommendations regarding the above.
Recommended criteria – Clubs may still apply if they do not meet these criteria.
1. The club has more than 2 Saturday league teams in 2019.
2. The club has security of tenure for their main 1st XI ground for a period of greater than 5 years
3. The club had regular U11, U13 and U15 boys fixtures in 2019.
4. The club had an active Women and Girls section in 2019.
5. The club has a clubhouse, bar and showers near to the main 1st XI ground
Any clubs interested in applying should email the SNEL Chairman, Tom Clarke and the SNEL secretary, Cliff Greenhill, confirming their application and that they meet the mandatory criteria and provide details of any of the recommended criteria that are met. They should also attach a word document that should detail the following minimum information:-
• Address of the club’s 1st XI ground.
• List of all club officers and committee members.
• League positions of all the club’s Saturday league teams for the past 3 years.
• Current financial position including the last years approved accounts.
• Details of the security of tenure of the club’s 1st XI ground.
• Details of any disciplinary issues, both internal and league, for the last 3 years.
• Details of the number of junior members and the number of organised fixtures played at each age group in the 2020 season.
• Details of any All Stars, Womens and Girls cricket.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Thursday 15th October 2020.
Following the deadline passing, the SNEL Executive Committee will conduct a selection and due diligence process and will inform clubs by Saturday 31st October whether they have been successful in their application – so that they can inform their existing league committees.
On behalf of the SNEL Executive Committee