League Rules and Clarifications
COVID Generic Rules 2020.docx
COVID Premier Tier Limited Over Regulations July 2020.docx
COVID Tier 1,2,3,4 over regulations July 2020.docx
I sent out the playing regulations a couple of days ago - and can now pass over the league rules - attached.
I have also created a (hopefully) helpful round up of the changes below
1. Fixtures - the exec has now added in some flexibility for fixtures for clubs - so that if clubs can simply not find a ground for a fixture it can be moved to an alternative date.
2. Teamsheets must be completed for each match - but via the process spelt out for the ECB ACO (using mobile phone cameras etc)
3. Scorers - only Premier Tier home clubs have to provide a scorer. We would still like all clubs to provide a scorer where possible for all tiers.
4. Each XI needs to bring a ball to each match - whether home or away - that is the ball you will take into the field with you and bowl with.
5. There is no deadline to register overseas players this season.
6. Players will be able to transfer between clubs.
7. There will be no limit to the number of games a player can play before being unable to drop an XI.
8. Summary results should be on play cricket by 8pm on Sunday after the match. Full scorecards by the following Friday by 8pm.
9. No forms need to be submitted by captains or umpires this year. Exception reporting can still take place if required.
10. Clubs must abide by the ECB regulations and advice around playing the game during the Covid-19 pandemic.
11. As you have read above the league committee is trying to take as much pressure off clubs and organisers this year as possible. In return we ask that when playing and organising your clubs this season that you always remember the Spirit of Cricket.
Please continue to check your club’s fixtures on Play Cricket - we have had a few slight alterations that have hopefully all been communicated to clubs - so please do check them out.
Umpires will also be being added to the fixtures on Play Cricket ahead of the games on Saturday.
ECB Updated Guidance
The ECB updated some guidance yesterday
Natwest CricketForce - PPE equipment will soon be landing on the doorsteps of clubs who signed up pre-March 2020 - if you haven’t signed up you can still do so here
Nets and Training - Adjacent nets can now be used and training groups increased to 15. Full ECB update can be found here
Thank you to all the clubs who have already picked up balls from Morrant Sports (if you haven't done already please do so before Saturday) - the other balls being couriered out should be with clubs in the very near future.
Please make sure that your club is ready for Saturday by completing a risk assessment (for all grounds that you use) and that you have taken action on all the latest ECB Guidance.
Any questions please give me a shout.