The Shepherd Neame Essex League (SNEL) 40 member clubs have recently approved a new League Constitution at a Special General Meeting on Monday 9th September 2019.
The main change to the SNEL constitution was to introduce the category of Associate members as described below in the relevant sections – the complete League constitution is also attached to this communication:-
3.1 The League shall have two categories of members – Full Members and Associate Members. Unless otherwise stipulated, the number of Full Member Clubs shall be forty and shall comprise the Clubs who are members of the League at the date of adoption of this Constitution and any Clubs subsequently elected under Rule 8.1 below. In addition, the Executive Committee may admit Associate Member Clubs under Rule 8.1 below.
8.1 The Executive Committee may by 31st October in any year, to be effective in the following season, admit into the bottom 1st Xl Division the 1st Xls of an even number of clubs applying to become Associate Members of the League who have been previously approved by Essex Cricket in the Community, and who meet the criteria laid down by the Executive Committee. The 2nd Xl and any lower XIs of any clubs so admitted into Associate Membership shall not become a part of the League. Clubs wishing to be considered for admission as Associate Members must apply by 15th October of the year prior to the year in which they wish to be admitted. On election, associate members must continue to enter their lower XIs in their existing league structures or other Saturday leagues. Associate members must continue to meet the league entry criteria as laid down by the Executive Committee.
The SNEL Executive Committee have agreed on a set of mandatory criteria that clubs must meet for them to apply to join the SNEL 1st XI Div Three. It should be made clear that if a club meets the mandatory criteria this is no guarantee of entry to the SNEL 1st XI Division Three. The committee have also agreed on a set of recommended criteria that clubs do not necessarily need to meet although they will be looked upon preferentially during the selection process. The criteria are listed below:-
Mandatory criteria – Clubs may not apply to join SNEL 1st XI Division 3 unless they meet ALL of the below criteria
1. The club must have a ground considered in good order and suitable for cricket purposes to be within the County of Essex or the London Boroughs of Havering, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Newham or Barking & Dagenham.
2. The club must be a current member of an existing Saturday Essex league and have completed a full 2019 season with a minimum of two teams.
3. The club must have a valid ECB Clubmark accreditation by 31st October 2019.
4. The club must have an active junior section.
Recommended criteria – Clubs may still apply if they do not meet these criteria.
1. The club has more than 2 Saturday league teams.
2. The club has security of tenure for their main 1st XI ground for a period of > 5 years
3. The club has regular U11, U13 and U15 boys fixtures
4. The club has an active Womens and Girls section
5. The club has a clubhouse, bar and showers near to the main 1st XI ground
Any clubs interested in applying should email the SNEL Chairman, Andrew Kennedy and the SNEL secretary, Cliff Greenhill, confirming their application and that they meet the mandatory criteria and provide details of any of the recommended criteria that are met. They should also attach a word document which should detail the following minimum information:-
- Address of the club’s 1st XI ground.
- List of all club officers and committee members.
- League positions of all the club’s Saturday league teams for the past 3 years.
- Current financial position including the last years approved accounts.
- Details of the security of tenure of the club’s 1st XI ground.
- Details of any disciplinary issues, both internal and league, for the last 3 years.
- Details of the number of junior members and the number of organised fixtures played at each age group in the 2019 season.
- Details of any All Stars, Womens and Girls cricket.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Tuesday 15th October.
Following this the SNEL Executive Committee will conduct a selection and due diligence process and will inform clubs by Thursday 31st October whether they have been successful in their application so that they can inform their existing league committees.
Andrew Kennedy (Chairman)
On behalf of the SNEL Executive Committee
Email - Andrew_2_Kennedy@yahoo.co.uk
Mobile - 07885 411692